Terms & Conditions
- About BLEND
- BLEND is an online marketplace that connects Buyers with a curated ecosystem of individual designers (referred to in this document as “Sellers”) who run their own digital-showrooms, (referred to as “Shops”) create their own policies, including a returns policy and are responsible for their own inventory, packaging, shipments, and complying with all aspects of the law. BLEND provides a venue (www.ourblend.co website), but BLEND does not manufacture goods, hold inventory, or ship items on behalf of our Sellers.
- Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- By creating an account with BLEND, you hereby confirm that you have thoroughly read, understood and agreed to comply with all of the terms and conditions outlined in this document (herewith referred to as the “Terms”). This document (along with other documents that we reference throughout) govern the relationship between you and BLEND. They represent a legally binding contract.
- Governing Law.
- The Terms are governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. These laws will apply no matter where in the world you live.
- Your Use of Our Services
- License to Use Our Services. BLEND grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services – subject to the Terms and the following restrictions in particular:
- Don’t Use Our Services to Break the Law. You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your use of the Services. This includes any local, state, federal, and international laws that may apply to you. For example, it’s your responsibility to obtain any permits or licences that your shop requires, and to meet applicable legal requirements in applicable jurisdiction(s). You may not sell anything that violates any laws; and you may not engage in fraud (including false claims or infringement notices), theft, anti-competitive conduct, threatening conduct, or any other unlawful acts or crimes against BLEND, another BLEND Buyer or Seller or a third party.
- You agree not to crawl, scrape, or spider any page of the Services or to reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of the Services.
- Don’t Try to Harm Our Systems. You agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt our Services, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
- Sellers may be required to pay the following types of fees.
- SALES COMMISION FEES.
- BLEND charges Sellers a 15% commission on the total cost of goods sold to Buyers on the marketplace.
- The Commision fee is reflected in your BLEND account and deducted on the monthly basis.
- For the avoidance of doubt, BLEND’s Sales Commission is calculated as per the following example: A Buyer purchases an item from a Seller using BLEND for GBP 500. On a monthly basis you will be charged 15% commision fee on the total amount of the items sold in your BLEND digital showroom. You will be charged the commission fee only on the sold items.
- It’s important to note that in case the seller has accepted an item refund & return from the buyer, the 15% commission from the sold item (s) will be reimbursed to the seller from BLEND.
- Sellers may be required to pay the following types of fees.
- In your BLEND account you will see your revenue fees & revenue statement, which will detail each Seller’s listing and sales activities. On a monthly basis BLEND will provide the Seller with a revenue report and make a payout to the Seller’s bank account. The report shows the full monthly breakdown on the total gross and net revenues made from the sales including the deduction of the listing and commission fees for BLEND in the respective month.
- If you have listed the items (more than 10), but didn’t sell any of the items in one month, BLEND will still send you the monthly revenue report and invoice you for the listing fees of the respective month. In this case, the transaction fee might be applicable depending on the location of your bank. You are responsible for paying fees owed in full within 14 days from the date of the issued invoice. BLEND may suspend your selling privileges at any time pending payment of your outstanding balance.
- Each Seller is solely responsible for the collection and / or payment of applicable taxes, duties or other Government fees arising from the use of BLEND’s services or sales made through our platform.
- In case additional compliance documentation/form is needed for each Seller, BLEND can supply you with the documentation upon request.
- VAT is applicable on Seller Fees. Depending on your business status and location, BLEND may be required to apply VAT on seller fees charged each month and remit it to the relevant tax authority. VAT is collected on all BLEND fees for sellers located in countries where VAT should be applied.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- The content uploaded on BLEND’s marketplace is generated by independent Sellers who are not employees, agents, or representatives of BLEND. Sellers are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary rights to their content and that they are not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it.
- BLEND can’t speak on behalf of intellectual property owners, nor is BLEND in a position to offer legal advice or make legal determinations whether a digital-showroom’s content infringes someone else’s intellectual property. BLEND will remove material cited for alleged intellectual property infringement when provided with a proper notice.
- Use of Marks. The name BLEND and the other BLEND marks, phrases, logos, and designs that we use in connection with our Services (the Bend Trademarks), are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of BLEND and cannot be used without express written permission.
- DELIVERY & SHIPPING
- Sellers are responsible for delivery and shipping of their sold items to buyers.
- Shipping Fees
- No shipping fee is applicable to the seller. Shipping fee to be covered by the buyer and included on top in the total purchase cost. Shipping fee is automatically calculated (using integrated shipping fee calculator) depending on the buyer’s location.
- SHIPPING PROCESS
- By selling on BLEND, the Seller agrees to:
- Specify processing time in your listings.The processing time is the length of time the Seller needs to get an order ready to dispatch. If an order is a pre-order item, the processing time will include the time it takes to create the item and expected delivery time. Sellers can set the processing times for items in their digital-showroom.
- Package the ordered item(s) and bare the cost for packaging
- Dispatch to the address listed on the BLEND receipt.
- Dispatch items promptly after they are sold. Prompt delivery means that you dispatch each item within agreed delivery length specified for the purchased item. Delivery period for the pre-order items can be changed in case communicated in advance.
- Comply with all local and international delivery and customs regulations.
- DHL postage labels from BLEND will automatically mark your orders as they are dispatched.
- When you mark an order as dispatched, the buyer will receive a notification.
- By entering tracking information or delivery confirmation on BLEND, you’re giving us permission to collect and share this data received from DHL with the buyer.
- In the unlikely event an order does not arrive, be prepared to provide valid proof of dispatch. Valid proof of dispatch must show that the item actually was dispatched and that it was sent to the address provided on BLEND. If a buyer does not receive their order, they may file a case against your digital showroom.
- By selling on BLEND, the Seller agrees to:
- Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- Items You Purchase. You understand that BLEND does not manufacture, store, or inspect any of the items sold through our Services. We provide the venue; the items in our marketplaces are produced, listed, and sold directly by independent sellers, so BLEND can’t and does not make any warranties about their quality, safety, or even their legality. Any legal claim related to an item you purchase must be brought directly against the seller of the item. You release BLEND from any claims related to items sold through our Services, including for defective items, misrepresentations by sellers, or items that caused physical injury (like product liability claims).
- Content You Access. You may come across materials that you find offensive or inappropriate while using our Services. We make no representations concerning any content posted by users through the Services. BLEND is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of content posted by users that you accessed through the Services. You release us from all liability relating to that content.
- People You Interact With. You can use the Services to interact with other individuals, either online or in person. However, you understand that we do not screen users of our Services, and you release us from all liability relating to your interactions with other users. Please be careful and exercise caution and good judgment in all interactions with others, especially if you are meeting someone in person.
- BLEND is dedicated to making our services the best they can be, but we’re not perfect and sometimes things can go wrong. you understand that our services are provided “as is” and without any kind of warranty (express or implied). We are expressly disclaiming any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, as well as any warranties implied by a course of performance, course of dealing, or usage of trade.
- we do not guarantee that: (i) the services will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (ii) any defects or errors will be corrected; (iii) the services will be free of viruses or other harmful materials; or (iv) the results of using the services will meet your expectations. you use the services solely at your own risk. some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
- liability limits. to the fullest extent permitted by law, neither BLEND nor our employees or directors shall be liable to you for any lost profits or revenues, or for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special, or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the services or these terms. In no event shall BLEND’s aggregate liability for any damages exceeding the greater of one hundred (100) british pounds (gbp) or the amount you paid BLEND in the past twelve months.
1. If Bend gets sued because of something that you did, you agree to defend and indemnify us. That means you’ll defend BLEND (including any of our employees) and hold us harmless from any legal claim or demand (including reasonable lawyer’s fees) that arises from your actions, your use (or misuse) of our Services, your breach of the Terms, or you or your account’s infringement of someone else’s rights.
2. We reserve the right to handle our legal defense however we see fit, even if you are indemnifying us, in which case you agree to cooperate with us so we can execute our strategy.
14. Release of BLEND
1. You release BLEND from any claims, demands, and damages arising out of disputes with other users or parties.
15. Changes to the Terms
1. We may update these Terms from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll definitely let you know by posting the changes through the Services and/or sending you an email or message about the changes. That way you can decide whether you want to continue using the Services. Changes will be effective upon the posting of the changes unless otherwise specified. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the Services following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms.